About Me

My photo
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Hi ~I am Alice Lin. I graduated from National Hsinchu Girl’s Senior High School. I study in National Chengchi University (Taipei, Taiwan). I major in risk management and insurance. I have a lot of hobbies, including reading novels, watching TV and movies, singing songs…… Maybe I'll write about some novels or movies in Alice's new world:) I like music better. However, in order to practice my English, I will write about movies and novels, which is more challenging for me.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Library War


Recently, I fall in love with the light novel written by Hiro Arikawa, a famous writer in Japan. I have read all books in the series, including Library War, Library Infighting, Library Crisis, Library Revolution and Supplement: Library War. Because the beginning of stories is the most attractive, the one I like most is obviously Library War.

 The story is about Japan in the future, in which people don’t care about the environment they live, their leading government and the right they have. As a result, people’s ignorance leads to a severe outcome, the government makes laws to restrict people’s rights in reading, writing and publishing. While when people find out that their rights are lost, it is too late to recover it. Don’t be so sad! To protect the books and the rights, an organization called armed anti-MBA defense force units are built to compete Media Betterment Act (MBA), an organization tries to confiscate all media deemed to be potentially harmful to Japanese society.

Iku Kasahara, the main character, is the first female soldier in base's Library Task Force, which has an elite group of soldiers. The reason she joins the Library Defense Force's Kanto Library Base is because she was rescued by a high ranking Kanto Library Defense Force member and she wants to be an "ally of justice" as the hero in her heart. The story is all about her life in the Library Defense Force's Kanto Library Base. The book combines romance, humor and war. It’s one of my favorite series. I really recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Alice!
    Seeing your blog posts can always remind me of my collection of novels in my home~ I have loved to read every kinds of novels since I was an elementary school student. In fact, I even had a habit of reading novels an hour before going to sleep for such a certain period of time. I especially enjoyed savoring romances to help myself relaxed and usually got into sleep easier. But now, after I went here to start my college life, I didn't remain this and there's no novels in my room any more. It's a bit upset to me indeed. Perhaps I'll have my winter vacation with my beloved novels as long as I stayed at home!^__^

    ReplyDelete