About Me

My photo
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Hi ~I am Alice Lin. I graduated from National Hsinchu Girl’s Senior High School. I study in National Chengchi University (Taipei, Taiwan). I major in risk management and insurance. I have a lot of hobbies, including reading novels, watching TV and movies, singing songs…… Maybe I'll write about some novels or movies in Alice's new world:) I like music better. However, in order to practice my English, I will write about movies and novels, which is more challenging for me.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

P.S. I Love You

Last weekend, I watched a pretty famous movie called P.S. I love you. I think most people have heard about the touching and lovely movie. When I was a junior high school student, I read the same name book, P.S. I love you. In my memory, it was a miserable story and it made me cry for sadness. So when my roommate asked me if I wanted to watch the movie, I hesitated. But I thought I am five years older, maybe I would have totally different feelings to the movie this time.
                                         File:PS I Love You (film).jpg

This movie is about a woman called Holly who lost her husband, Gerry, because of a cancer. When Gerry died, Holly lived a bitter life. But that’s just the beginning. Gerry had left ten messages and a lot of amazement for his beloved wife since he knew that he got a cancer. These ten messages are all ending with "P.S. I Love You", which are not for Holly to keep tying to the past but to give her courage and send her on a new adventure. After the ten messages and the adventures, Holly regained her bravery and had the passion to pursue her new life.

2 comments:

  1. One of the most painful thing is losting your husband or wife. I think Gerry is really thoughtful to leave ten messages to Holly to comfort her. I'm really happy that Holly can be cheered up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alice:
    I read both the book and movie. I like the book much more because it is more elaborate. When facing people you loved passed by is too painful to stop sadness. However, you will realize that it is a unchangeable and crul fact. Then, I think people have to force themselves to face the fact and live happily again step by step. I think if you did not do that, people who left us would have worried us very much. Life is so unpredictable, but we should have the courage to face these things.

    ReplyDelete