About Me

My photo
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Hi ~I am Alice Lin. I graduated from National Hsinchu Girl’s Senior High School. I study in National Chengchi University (Taipei, Taiwan). I major in risk management and insurance. I have a lot of hobbies, including reading novels, watching TV and movies, singing songs…… Maybe I'll write about some novels or movies in Alice's new world:) I like music better. However, in order to practice my English, I will write about movies and novels, which is more challenging for me.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Alchemist





Yesterday, I went to listen to a lecture about being the master of our lives. The speaker gave such a wonderful speech that I recall a book I have loved since I was twelve. The book is titled The Alchemist, which was written by Paulo Coelho. He is a Brazilian lyricist land novelist, who is one of my favorite writers.
                             
The Alchemist talks about how a boy find his real talent and true love, and how he change people’s life. I don’t want to talk much about this book. There is just one reason why I don’t want to talk about it; the book is so amazing that I don’t know how to start. To be honest, I think everyone in the world should buy it and at least read it five times, because The Alchemist deserve.







2 comments:

  1. I also love to read books. Every time when I entered the library in order to study, I just couldn’t stop myself from seeking out more books to borrow. So wonderful it is that NCCU have so many libraries and numerous books! Moreover, I found a series of novels that was actually already out of print. I was highly overjoyed because I’ve been looking for it so long however it is not produced any longer. I have heard “The Alchemist” before; however, I never had a chance to read it. Since the book is so amazing that you strongly recommended, I think I will find time to give it a try. Last time when I went to listen to a speech, the lecturer recommended students a book, “決定未來的10種人”. I haven’t read it, but it sounds great. Perhaps you can also give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Alice! I haven’t read this book before, but I believe it must be a great one that can’t be missed. In fact, I am a person that is fond of reading novels very much, too. During my high school life, I always loved to exchange novels as well as our opinions on them with my group of friends. I even used to read books every day before I went to bed, or I would not fall asleep! It was your blog post that made me recall the past wonderful time. Thanks! Hope to see more information of novels on your blog

    ReplyDelete